Saturday, February 15, 2014

How to make a Braided headband

Last week I showed you how to make Highlights. Today I am going to show you how to make a Braided Headband!!!!! When American girl released the braided headbands I was like YEAH! than I looked at the price.
Not happening.
So when I got the hair for the Highlights and it had a braid on the headband I thought, Lets give this a try! :)
 
 
 
For this project I used a blond hair extension from my local Dollar tree. It cost $1 and the snaps I bought in a pack a Walmart for $3 or $4 dollars. Have gotten A LOT of use out of them. 
 
 
 
Here is a picture of what I had to start with. It is a plastic headband with a braid running along the top. The extensions is about 26" long.

 
I cut the hair off of the headband. And was left with this.

 
Carefully brake the plastic band right above the cloth bottom.
(Note: The end is covered with a piece of cloth)

 
Start pealing the braid off the band. All the way around.

 
Brake the plastic at the other end. The same place you did on the other side.

 
Here is is laid out flat.

 
If you look carefully you can see where I cut the hair of the braid. You may need to trim if they seem to long. Just be careful you don't cut the braid.

 
Next I glued on side of a snap to the plastic piece at the end of the braid.

 
Wrap the braid around the dolls head and note where the snap comes down.

 
Glue the snap on there.

 
And your done. Clip underneath the head.


 
Hope you enjoyed!
 
 
 

3 comments: