Friday, March 28, 2014

Sarah Update

Hi! Long tome no post, I know. Sorry about that. I thought I would take the time to update you on how my custom historical doll Sarah was coming. :D So the first thing I did was to give her a good cleaning. I also tightened her limbs. I was going to make seprate posts on how to do this but I am lazy and I skipped some steps..... So here are some links to some GREAT posts and videos.

Cleanning Vinyl
Vinyl Girls Post
stephenswodadancer Magic Eraser-Video

Tightning Limbs
stephenswodadancer  Part1 Part2 Part 3 Video

Ok now that thats done..... I also Added Freckles! :) now I WILL show you how to do this. :)



You will need:
Brown Washible marker
A Perniment Marker
A wet (but not dripping) Rag



I tested it on her foot.....


The first way I will show you is Removable Freckles.
Take the Washible marker and holding your doll in you lap carefully put little dots on her cheeks and across her nose. You make put as many of as few as you would like. They come of at anytime with a wet rag. You can even leave them on for a year or more and they WILL come of. BUT ONLY IF YOU USE A WASHABLE MARKER!!!!! very inportant.







Now for the Pernament.
I did the washible BEFORE I did the pernament so I knew how I wanted it.
This is the same as the washable but I want to say, BE VERY CAREFULL!!!! THIS WILL NOT COME OFF!



So what do you think?  I will answer any questions you might have.......

Oh And I Guess I will ask. I have made Outfits for her. But i don't Have to "Whole" outfit. Like american girl would sell. Meaning I don't have the Shoes yet.... etc)  Do you want t see the utfits before they are "Complete"? Or wait? Comments below! :)

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing for freckles, but on mine I press them before dry so they fade a little :) Sarah looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow she looks great! I would like to wait to see her outfits. ;)

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete